I was searching for some public domain photos recently — photos that aren’t copyrighted or owned by anyone — and I found a few that were hilarious. Inspired by my humorous friend Guy McClure, I wrote captions for them.
Can you think of funnier or more creative captions? Give it a try.
1. Members of the Senior Mermaids Swim Club waited patiently for their turn to board the alien craft.
2. If only Matilda had listened to her mother and eaten the Hostess Sno Balls instead of pasting them to her breasts, she might have ended up with a more balanced body mass index.
3. After the staff added the minister’s loin cloth, the staged Cro Magnon wedding became the most popular exhibit at the Natural History Museum.
4. Members of the Hooters & Hoods Gang had practiced their roles and were prepared to offer gifts of chocolate, perfume and shapely legs in exchange for what was in the bank vault. (Public Domain)
5. The competition to be the Life of the Party was fierce but LaVette felt confident.
6. The twins found it difficult to contain their excitement about the possibility of swapping outfits following their father’s gender reassignment surgery.
7. Irma reminded Royce to act natural so the humans wouldn’t catch on.